Salvaged from the Old Loblaw Groceterias Warehouse at the foot of Bathurst St. and Lakeshore Road.
In 1928 Loblaws Groceterias Warehouse was unveiled in Toronto at Fleet and Bathurst Streets, along today’s Lake Shore Boulevard West. It was one of the first projects constructed on the city’s new reclaimed land. Hailed as a model of efficiency, the Loblaw Warehouse included its own electric tram railway, giant ovens for baking a ton of cakes and cookies each day, huge drums for blending tea, and 22 thousand feet of refrigeration piping. Warehouse employees even had their own bowling alley and an auditorium for performing shows and plays.
Signs Measure: 4"w x 3 1/4"h